Mini Split Hvac Service From Experienced Professionals
If you’re a homeowner in Alachua, Marion and Levy Counties, FL, you must have a reliable AC service that you can count on. When you’re looking for a cutting-edge mini split HVAC service, come to us at Babione’s AC & Heating. Our team of experienced professionals is here to help with all your air conditioner needs. From air conditioner installation to air conditioner repair, we’ll work hard to ensure that your home is comfortable all year long.
An Introduction to Mini Split Hvac
When it comes to air conditioners, there are many different options on the market. However, mini split HVAC systems have become increasingly popular recently, especially in Florida. They are an excellent option for homeowners looking for an air conditioner that will save them money on their energy bills.
What Are Mini Split Hvacs Comprised Of?
All mini-split ACs, whether used for heating or cooling, consist of outdoor and indoor components. The outdoor condensing/compression unit helps maintain your home’s temperature by applying pressure and distributing refrigerant through lines connected with indoor units. Indoor units include three elements, which are air handlers, blowers, and an evaporator coil for more efficient energy usage throughout your home.
Features of a Mini Split Hvac
Mini split HVACs have three main features compared to other air conditioners on the market:
- Silent – The only noise you can hear indoors is from the unit’s fans, making it quieter than window or thru-wall air conditioners. This is because the compressor is located outdoors.
- Heating and Cooling in Different Areas When Needed – There are certain areas of the home that we rarely use. Unlike central air conditioners, mini splits are highly energy efficient and can heat and cool individual rooms, providing customized comfort for homeowners.
- No Window Requirement – Mini-split air conditioners don’t require a window for installation and venting. It means you can install these units easily compared to traditional ACs, or even portable ones where a window is required.
Single-zone vs. Multiple Zones
A single-zone system cools one area of your home. These are popular in bedrooms or other areas where central air conditioning is unavailable. When considering single-zone air conditioners, make sure that the unit has enough power to cover your room’s square footage.
Multiple zones or multi-zone mini splits can cool or heat multiple rooms simultaneously by using an outdoor unit and multiple indoor units or zones.
A Mini Split Hvac Is Energy Efficient
Babione’s AC & Heating supports The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022. Mini split HVACs are effective methods of cooling your home. The Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio 2 (SEER2) rates your unit’s efficiency during seasonal temperature changes. Another energy rating that looks at energy usage per square foot of cooling is Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER). A mini split AC can reduce your heating and cooling bills by up to 30%.
What Size and Power Do You Require?
Indoor air conditioners come with a set number of British Thermal Units (BTUs), so you need to know what type and size are best for your home. Single-zone units only require the amount within one room, while multi-zone systems will give more precise measurements on how much power each indoor component uses. You’ll need to contact an HVAC specialist to ensure that your AC is installed correctly.
Modes Offered by a Mini Split Hvac
Mini split air conditioners include multiple modes. Here are four modes that can provide you with year-round comfort:
- Heater – Mini-split heat pumps distribute heat from one area to another. Switching to heat mode during cooler months can be done quickly with no hassle. This can be controlled in the same way with Cool mode.
- Dehumidify – Remove extra moisture from your air using the Dry or Dehumidify mode. This mode is common in basements or parts of the country where it’s very humid, like Florida.
- Fan Speeds – You can easily adjust the airflow to suit your needs with the help of fan speeds. Having a variety of fan speeds is essential for enjoying optimal comfort in your space.
- Sleep Timer – This is an excellent feature for people who like to sleep with the air conditioner on but don’t want to leave it running all night. A sleep timer maintains a comfortable room temperature while operating quietly.
Contact Babione’s AC & Heating
The weather in Levy County, FL, can be unbearable at times. When your HVAC system isn’t working properly, it only makes matters worse. Our experienced team would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. For air conditioner installation services or air conditioner repair services, don’t hesitate to contact us to book an appointment.